Saturday, May 7, 2011

Indian Visa Trip to Houston

I left Thursday night after a hectic and hurried job at packing. I finally got off (without any dogs or a husband), got more passport pictures made (once again, no photoshopping could be done to it), filled up with gas, and headed south.  I made good time with only one stop at Buc-ee's.  I got up this morning, triple checked that I had everything ready, had coffee with my dad, stopped by to visit Gram, and then headed to Westheimer. 

Now, you have to understand that I took off today just to go get my Visa.  Not only is it a Friday (Good Friday), which in the world of junior high assistant principals is a sin to do, but it is also a make up day, which makes it even more taboo.  I was going to make sure that everything was perfect and ready for me to get a Visa!  I read all of the instructions Online, and I had to change out my purse because it said that I could only bring in a lady's pouch that had to meet all of these requirements and not be made out of certain materials.  I also couldn't bring in a bag with my papers except for a clear plastic bag with only the necessary paperwork.  There were many more constraints, but that is all I'll bore you with.  I had a gallon-sized ziplock bag with my application and passport in it, and then I had my little travel purse with just my wallet, phone (in the off position), and keys.  I was ready to be patted down and walk through a metal detector.  So I get there, and it's just a suite in an office building with a few walk up, bullet-proof windows.  The other lady in there had a purse that I would consider much larger than a pouch, and no clear plastic bag.  I'm pretty sure the guy that helped me was making fun of me for being such a dork.  I had made an appointment and everything, just to wait 2 minutes, and be finished in 3 minutes.  That was it!  It was so underwhelming that it was sad.  Well, there was this one Indian guy that was yelling and arguing at the lady behind the protective glass, and that was entertaining. 

Do not be dismayed!  Sprinkles was literally just on the other side of the railroad tracks!  (See previous post)  I stopped, got my predetermined flavors, and headed home.  I even stopped to get stamps, got my car washed, and then took my dad for a light lunch.  We're waiting for my mom to be home, and then we're headed to the beach!

About a two weeks after I composed this, I received my passport back in the mail with my visa in it.  It makes me feel so patriotic and official!

This is the little building of suites where the Travisa office is located.

Indian food place right next door!

Sprinkles Cupcakes!  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment