Thursday, April 14, 2011

Here I go...

Well, the journey begins!  I applied for my passport at the post office and paid extra to have it expedited.  I was supposed to travel to Houston and get it in one day, but I didn’t meet the regulations.  Apparently they’re pretty strict in the good ole’ Department of State.  It was a random turn of events mixed with some comedy of error that had me driving back and forth from Euless to Grand Prairie, and all of the people I came in contact with didn’t have much a sense of humor.  Maybe because they’re government employees (I’m one, but I have sense of humor)?  I’m not sure, but the girl taking my passport pics at CVS was nice.  Did you know that they won’t photoshop out any of your chins for passport photos?  See…I’m already learning so much, and I have more than 11 weeks to departure!  Thanks, Dad, for not taking it personally when I made a comment about how old you are when I called to ask you what year you were born for the passport application!

No comments:

Post a Comment