Thursday, April 14, 2011

Visa and Sprinkles

I did finally send in my application of the trip to Aditi, who is helping head this trip.  I am a little nervous about getting my Visa for the trip.  I know that as soon as I get my passport, I’ll be heading home and then spending a day at the Indian Embassy and at Travisa Outsourcing place to gain my Visa.  Don’t you think it’s funny that India outsources stuff, too?  So I pulled up the map to see if the place is near my dad’s building in downtown Houston because if I planned it just right, I could probably get a lunch and/or dinner out of him.  Imagine to my surprise when I pulled up the map and literally it had two landmarks pointed out:  The Travisa office and SPRINKLES CUPCAKES (which is right down the road)!  I fail to understand how Google Maps would know I’m a big girl with a love for the overpriced cupcake, but that made my whole day!  Not only will I get my Visa, but I will also be able to snag a couple of delectable delights without having to share with Corey because he’s back home at work!  Even though I can only afford a couple of them, it will be worth waiting in line however long it takes to get my Visa!  Hopefully it will all go as planned, but if it doesn’t, it usually comes with a good over-dramatic story!

No comments:

Post a Comment